Best known for hosting the nationally acclaimed design show, Living Large, Karen Mills has a passion for helping people live better whether its creating an extraordinary living experience that can engage the senses and nurture the soul or giving back to her community.
Featured by over 100 media outlets including USA Today, ABC National News, Elle Decor, and The Washington Post, Karen Mills attributes her firm’s success to building long term relationships with clients while helping them translate their personal style into a signature look.
Besides hosting Living Large, the first design and lifestyle radio program in the U.S., Mills and her team have designed and/or decorated over 1200 client projects nationally, plus Mills pens an award winning blog with subscribers in over 130 countries, is a published writer, and has acted as a spokesperson for national brands on Living Large including Kohler, Sherwin Williams, G.E., and Ferguson.
Mills graduated from the University of Kansas where she studied Interior Design and Television followed by a short career in television.
“Feel so fortunate to have spent my childhood surrounded by art, literature, music, and textiles because that experience along with my background in television and travel experiences have formed the basis for the interiors I design now: timeless interiors full of life, light, beauty, and warmth that engage the senses and inspire the heart.” asserted Karen Mills.
Besides designing and giving back, Mills enjoys spending time with her four grown children, friends, travel, art, music, and being outdoors.
1. Selected as host of Living Large, the long running interior design show featuring original content from celebrity guests such as Kathy Ireland, Jane Seymour, and HGTV hosts broadcast on Entercom network. Also known as first design and lifestyle show on radio.
2. Spokesperson for national companies which have included iconic brands like Kohler, Sherwin Williams, GE, and Ferguson
3. Nationally published writer including international publisher Curtco Media (Robb Report, Home Entertainment, etc.)
4. Nationally known design expert
a. Featured regularly by international/national media as a design expert or resource which has included iconic brands such as Bob Vila and Wall Street Journal.
b, Asked to design a bathroom for Kohler headquarters along with other celebrity designers
c. Named Top 100 Interior Design Blogs/Websites 2015
d. Voted Kansas City’s top individual designer in 2013.
e. Selected to be on international 1Q9A design panel of 9 designers in 2011
f. Design chair for Symphony Designers’ Show House that won 2010 National Award of Excellence from American League of Symphonies for first time in 41 years.
g. Designed the first museum deaf living environment in the U.S. in 2008.
h. Asked to design a piano for Steinway & Sons piano company.
5. Former face of World Goin Green web TV network and host of Living Green with Karen Mills
6. Professional design/charity speaker
a. Eastern Accents event keynote speaker
b. Keynote speaker for various Home & Garden shows in Midwest
c. KCRAR (10k member) annual event keynote speaker
d. Speaking of Women’s Health Convention
e. Keynote for K.C. Royals Luther Dummy Taylor day at Kaufmann baseball stadium
f. Keynote for U.S. Department of Health’s first KC Health & Fitness festival
g. Emcee for numerous charity events including America’s Walk for Diabetes, A Chance for Children (American Cancer Society), Boulevard of Dreams, Inspired Celebrations, and more.
7. Certified to teach staging for resale by State of Kansas
8. Recognized by media 60+ times