If your living room has been dressed in the same outfit for too long, but you don’t have the budget for a complete makeover, why not mix it up with existing items from your home to create a beautiful new look.
Here are the 5 steps to make it happen!
One Day Makeover by Karen Mills
1. Establish your focal point. In your living area, for example, that might be a beautiful fireplace or a fabulous view.
2. Shop your house including basement, garage, and other areas where you might have something interesting you can use.
3. Create a conversation area by placing your sofa toward your focal point. Then introduce chairs to create an intimate grouping for conversation while making sure your furniture is aligned correctly with your architecture.
Staging for Resale by Karen Mills
4. Layer in additional furnishings and decor to enhance your conversation area including tables, pillows, decor, art, and an area rug to anchor the space.
5. Add your final touches by layering in lamps, pillows, throws, art, and other interesting decor to give your room a finished look.
Staging for resale by Karen Mills
For more great ideas on how to create a beautiful design in your space, don’t miss Living Large with Kansas City’s designer Karen Mills this Sunday at 7AM CST on KMBZ on 981.FM or 980AM as the DIY Network host of Million Dollar Contractor along with Australian interior designer and author Thomas Hamel share their insight on the basics of design.
And if you want to learn more about color trends, then tune into Living Large with Karen Mills this Saturday at 10:30AM CST on the KMBZ Business channel on 1660AM as Benjamin Moore’s color expert Sonu Mathews shares her predictions for 2013.
Plus become a fan now on Facebook or Twitter!