Tips for Refreshing Your Kitchen For Less
- Reface or paint your cabinetry – By refacing your cabinetry you are able to replace your dated cabinet fronts with a fresh on trend look without replacing insides of your cabinetry. In this kitchen our client opted to repaint their cabinetry to give it a fresh new look.
2. Upgrade Your Countertops By updating the countertops in this kitchen we were able to give it a fresher lighter look overall. A mitered island counter and counters that continue up the wall behind live edge shelving add to the the updated dramatic look.
3. Update your backsplash In this completely renovated kitchen we replaced a dated backsplash with new beveled white subway tile to lighten up the space and bounce light throughout.
4. Install new hanging light fixtures such as pendants, chandeliers, or sconces along with undercabinet lighting. By adding work and accent lighting to your general lighting overhead you can create an ambiance that’s warm and inviting like this kitchen shown. Lit glass upper cabinets add to the ambiance.
5. Replace pulls and/or knobs on your cabinetry. New pulls in this renovated kitchen stand out, adding to the fresh new look. Lit cabinetry, new counters and backsplash, new shelving, and a new light fixture enhance the design.
6. Paint your walls. In this kitchen we not only painted the walls but also redid the wood floors, replaced the backsplash, upgraded the counters, replaced the light fixtures over the table and slipcovered the chairs to create a more updated look.
7. Add a small island – with wheels ideally or a bar height table for more work space in the center of your kitchen, if needed. If you don’t have room for a permanent island and need more work space, consider adding a tiny island on wheels to hold your extra items and give you more counter space when cooking. When not in use just can roll it off to the side out of the way.
For more great interior design ideas, sign up for our design blog here!
And if you feel someone you know could benefit from this helpful information, pass it on!